Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Sunday, August 17, 2008

two by two

Two things that have irritated me to the point of screaming this week:
- Sticky tape that comes off the dispenser and then wraps tightly around my finger. Sticking to itself and me and soooo hard to get off. Aaargh.
- Pink tampon strings. I hate pink at the best of times. But grumpy and sick with my periods I'm confronted with fucking pink strings. Why? Tampons aren't fashion items. Who decided? Who changed the assembly line in the factory and ordered the pink dye? "Oh you're sore and cranky and bleeding profusely, but hey! Look at this cute pink string. Isn't it sweet. Isn't it great to be a girl!"
Aaaargh. Fuck off!

*breathes deep*

Okay. Happy thoughts.
Things that have delighted me this week:
- Our new little vegie patch. Made from an assortment of large pots and scavenged polystyrene boxes painted purple. We have them up on table so the dog doesn't munch on them and they get more sun. We have carrots, spinach, shallots, garlice, lettuce, thyme, mint, and beetroots. Yay for beetroots!
- Stitches. I've had a lump removed from my forehead and have 6 stiches. They look so cool and soon I'll have a nice scar. And I can be a pirate librarian. Last night I greatly enjoyed dressing up like a broken doll. Stiches, diamontes and tulle.

Okay. That's enough now. Going on a coffee hunt.
xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home