Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Don't let me entertain you.

In Schedule 3A to the Regulations there are 13 requirements that apply to Places
of Public Entertainment. These matters are addressed as follows:


Dangerous entertainment.

Entertainment to be provided will not involve:
• The use of a sharp implement in a manner that poses a threat of harm to
patrons or members of the audience…


Here's hoping the DA doesn't go through before MFTP. Otherwise that's me out.
*grins*

Having said that, I've started drafting up a letter to the council in support of The Red Rattler DA. Wanna do the same? Go here. DA200800322.
Having read it all, I am gobsmacked at the work, time, money and care that the RR collective appear to be putting into this venture. Our world will be a more wonderful place to inhabit thanks to their work.

In other news. I'm feeling a tad better at the moment purely because the amount of work - both of the neccessary, and of the wanted kinds - that has been demanding my attention. Being forced to do many things means that I am actually getting some work done, and hence deriving some sense of job satisfaction from it all. All good for my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home