Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sweet.

Tomorrow at work we are all chipping in to make an Indian feast. A colleague did a Mexican feast a couple of weeks ago and it was marvellous. We've got a full kitchen setup, so we might as well. And it's a good idea for the workplace morale.
I grew up with my Da making some of the most wonderful Indian food. Spices clunked together in the mortar and pestle. Curries cooking in the cast iron pan. And especially, the big pot of gulab jamun with the sugar syrup bubbling on the stove in the summer heat.
But I've copped out on making any food from scratch this time. Instead I have a bright shiny box of Indian sweets sitting on my kitchen table waiting for the trip to work tomorrow.
And now I can hear the sugar calling to me.
I will not eat them.
I will not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home