Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Ravelympics!

Omigod. I think this might be like NaNoWriMo for knitters and crocheters!

Organised through Ravelry (obviously). This might be the kick up the bum I need to crochet something bigger than another goddamn scarf - even though I still have so much fun making them.
Perhaps those shrug, or jumper patterns I've been looking at for months.
From the Ravelry site:

Concept:
You must cast on a project during the Opening Ceremonies of the Summer Olympics (Aug. 8)- and finish before the Olympic flame goes out (Aug. 24).
That’s 17 days.
Would you rather work on your burgeoning WIPs? Then join up for the WIPs Wrestling. All other events are for newly cast on projects!

Rules:
- The project must be a challenge for you to complete in 17 days.
- No casting on before Opening Ceremonies commence in Beijing.
- Finish before the flame goes out.
- You may swatch before the games. (I consider this “training.”)

Righto.
I think it's too late for me to sign up to a 'team'. But that's okay. I can be a lone entrant.
Lucky for me Mr M bought me a new case to keep my crochet hooks in. I might even be able to be a tad organised through this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home