Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What's happening? I need to go back to the head doc. I need more exercise. I need to take my vitamins. I need more support at work.
My head is shaky. I can't focus my attention on anything for more than a minute or two. I'm feeling fits of red rage all day. Punching walls at work when I think no-one's watching. Slamming doors. And then trying to take deep breaths to calm down enough to speak. I've even been short with library patrons, and that's almost unheard of for me.
I've been trying to fill some time with things that cheer me. And have been lucky enough to share space with lovely people who have been generous enough of their time to stop and listen to me.
But bugger me this is difficult. So difficult.

So here's a list of things that make me happy. That's gotta help, right.
- The way my puppy rubs her head on the carpet while doing a mumble-growl.
- Feeling the love from Mr M.
- Talking about bloodletting.
- Girls with cow licks.
- New full-skirted frocks.
-
aah.fuckit that's it. will try and think of more another time. maybe. *sighs*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens?
bright copper kettles and train-splatted pilgrims?

9:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a cowlick

um, being able to speak plainly with some friends.
this week I can talk whenever - just bip

1:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home