Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Get moving.

I realised it's been a while since I've gone out for a trashy big night of dancing.

Weekends have passed with me doing many thoroughly wholesome social activities. Going to galleries, talks, sunshiny picnics in parks, visiting people in houses, gardening, going out for dinner, and of course, staying home on the couch and crocheting.
But now the dancefloor is calling.
I can hear the thumping.
It's time to forget the chill winter night air and put on my boots and head out late at night to that 'other ghetto'. 3 decent venues are calling, populated by many favourite beautiful people.

It's also a good idea to dance off all my work worries.
I've been getting so many things done at work lately. Projects completed and events organised, and I've even done the hard yards with a 'problem colleague'.
The sense of job satisfaction is high. But the mountain of stuff still to do, is higher. Stamina is called for here.
And I'm thinking a good dance will certainly help shake off any tension stored in my body.
Yar!

1 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Sounds like you've certainly earned your time on the dance floor. Enjoy!

8:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home