Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Friday, March 31, 2006

Hellooo. Is there anybody out there?

So I'm feeling well enough to go out, and strong enough to be social, and I've dyed my hair and tried on clothes.
And it seems like everyone's having a quiet one tonight.

It's been so long since I've been out that I don't even know if Girls on Top is a viable option these days. But hey, I'm so keen to go out that I'd even go to Moist or Deck Bar.

What I'd really love to check out is Faggle Rock (Fridays at Phoenix). Oh how wonderful it would be to dance in a different way to some different music. I love my usual DJs, sure I do. But a change could be mighty refreshing.
Wonder if they'll throw in a little brit pop to make me feel like a teenager again. Though even the idea of listening/dancing to 'I wanna be adored' in Phoenix is enough world colliding to make my brain hurt.

So tonight... I've just put on my ugh boots and fired up the 'puter (obviously) - so odds are, if I start getting comfy, the phone should ring soon with someone keen to go out for a drink.

Tomorrow looks promising. I'm going to meet up with my sister for coffee and then join the April Fool's fun of the Renegade Parade. There's also Bouncy Messy Stupid happening at Perry Park for those with an inkling to continue dancing in crazy ways.

Now. What to wear that can go from straight girl coffee to street party to psytrance. At least the weather looks like it'll be perfect for April Fools' frolicking.
Geez I wish the streets weren't awash with polka dot girls. I'm feeling in a polka dot mood too.

Perhaps I'll channel tonights excitable energy into something crafty.

Hmm. Not likely.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good afternoon, info pimp... I have tracked you down at last! What fun things did you end up doing last night? I know I was one of the pikers, but have a Drs Cert if that gives me a good enough excuse... I would love to go out soon, tho. And live vicariously through others who are going out at the mo by hearing detailed and graphic descriptions! xo gd

1:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home