Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Saturday, March 11, 2006

So bad...

Yep folks. It's bad librarian pun day...
I love my "Librarians do it quietly" shirt [from here]. It often gets comments from strangers at bus stops and in cafes.

But here are some other dodgy ones courtesy of cafe press...

"Librarians are novel lovers"

"Stacked Librarian"

"Book slut"

"Check me out...I'm a Librarian"

"Librarians give it away for free"

This one I just don't get. Geez, you can even get it on kiddies clothes. Is it just me, or is this a bit weird?

Here are some that I could wear...

"For a well rounded education, you could try curling up with some good books, and bad librarians" -Richard Needham.

"I'm a Librarian. If you have a library card I know your phone number and where you live" *grins* this fits in nicely with the quiet menace of my 'Walk softly and carry a heavy book' policy.

And the snortingly wonderful "Ha ha. Made you read!"

And finally, this is cute, and this isn't too bad either.
The latter one has now inspired me to go and try and find that page of nekkid librarians* that I found years ago. I'll post another time if I'm successful.

*well, yes, I do doubt all the models have their LIS qualifications :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home