Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Cheerful, yet exhausted.

I've seen the pictures from the weekend. I look good. But I look old. Time for a health kick again. Even despite my moderate partying, my cough has come back full force. [home at 6am instead of 10am - that's moderate isn't it?]
*sighs*
Work is super-feral-busy. But for a change of pace, tomorrow is a day of bookbuying in the city. Method - find a bookshop, take a HUGE trolley, fill it with books, go to next bookshop, repeat.
And then Friday is union picnic day. Anyone fancy a free trip to the Zoo?
Somehow when I'm not at work I'm supposed to be launching a Young Writer's Award.
Aah, I'm sure it'll all fall into place.
Or pieces.
Whatever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali H said...

oooh ahhh ooooohhh!!!
My mama is taking me to union picnic day at the zoo!
And I assume that Butch N will be taking her lass, unless they have other plans that day...
so what say you to a big queer meet-up of some sort?
I'm *sure* we know other local-council employed folks, or sympathizers, we can drag along.

11:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home