Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

2 years ago today

I met the cutest trannyboy ever - the one my girlfriend didn't want to introduce me to because she thought I'd run away with him.

I fitted under his arm 'just so'.

He walked me home (I giggled all the way) and gave me a kiss goodnight.

Happy anniversary Mr M!

*************

In other news - today's theme has also been Bollywood.

We had a Bollywood dance class in the Library. I had all my bangles on and ran around putting Bindis on all the managers. We had over 60 people there from absolutely all walks of life - old North Shore ladies, toddlers with disabilities, blokes in suits, schoolkids, secretaries, dads with babies, the General Manager, a couple of pregnant ladies, and so many more.

And we had Indian food and sweets. Gulab Jamun, Jalebi, Karachi Halwa... 20 different ways to cook with chickpea flour, sugar, milk, sugar, nuts and sugar!

Then for dinner, Mr M took me out to Indian, and we had Thali and Dosa and then foolishly bought more sweets!
I left them in the fridge at home.
I hope Mr Z eats them.
Except maybe 1 Gulab Jamun.
I love them so.
My Da made them often when I was a kid. And tasting them takes me straight back to the kitchen up north. Wooden floors, old glass-doored cupboards with bakelite handles, the big saucepan of syrup on the wood combustion stove and the afternoon sun baking the room through the windows.

Christ. And I hear it's going to rain again tomorrow here in Sydney.
*sighs*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home