Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Stop talking and breathe.

Today, in response to posts on a list I'm on, I got all wound up and wrote a huge rant.
I really should edit it a bit so it's readable.

So look on the bright side, kiddies, I was going to post it here, but have decided against it - it's too late at night (for me okay) and I need to chill instead.

So have a poem instead.
Everyone needs a little poetry in their life.

Jenny kiss'd me

Jenny kiss'd me when we met,
Jumping from the chair she sat in;
Time, you thief, who love to get
Sweets into your list, put that in!
Say I'm weary, say I'm sad,
Say that health and wealth have miss'd me,
Say I'm growing old, but add,
Jenny kiss'd me.

-Leigh Hunt
1784 - 1859

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've probably just taken your thunder. Or someone's...

4:17 am  
Blogger Simone D. said...

I just stopped by cos mona left this open on my pc....man, I love these spots!! where can i get some?
Sail

8:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home