Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Memory? What memory?

Bugger, last week I rescheduled my herbalist appointment because I didn't think I'd have the money for it. But now I realise I should've just gone. Magic drops are running low and pre-mardi gras organising has kicked in. Am hoping I will be strong enough. Have wonderful Miss B organising with me, and some great folks keen to overload themselves with stuff. So I just need to get some rescue remedy and get into the swing of it.
I have so much to do tonight that I can't quite remember it all at once. Shall have to get back into list writing.

Had a great weekend!
Birthday party was pretty fun. Didn't rain out much.
Mr M makes the best pirate! Naughty pressies and bling pressies from friends. A few pirates, a few navy hats, a sea-witch and a singing plastic starfish. Birthday floggings and other drunk things. A random and movable feast of friends. *blows big kisses to them all*
Umm can't remember a heap more. Trashy. Tired. Went to Gurlesque too - but crashed near the end so quickly I forgot to say g'bye to people.
Took yesterday off too, as a treat for myself. Was so worth it! Didn't have to launch straight back into work, Mr M's best mate took us out for fancy birthday lunch. Cafe Sydney overlooking the harbour. Great conversation, gorgeous food and wine, and then Mr M and I later wandered around the Opera House into the evening. Watching the dressed up folks walk into shows, guessing what part of town they came from.
Watched shiny flashy lights on the bridge.
Ate gelato.
Took the gorgeous night home and kept it going.
*sighs*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home