Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Sunday, January 09, 2005

I am older than I think.

Thinking of my birthday and reading back through my 'Year in Review' post...I said I was 26 last birthday, but *sobs* I'm actually 28...for a few more weeks *sighs*.
I actually like getting older, 'cos I am often assumed younger than I am, especially at work. But the idea of having only 1 year left of my 20's is a bit of a doozy.
Come on Saturn returns... come on...I'll have ya! Wanna take this outside eh!

Okay, on another, less aggro note;
Had a good night out last night. It wasn't incredibly special by the usual standards, but there's something to be said for a chilled house party, a cab ride (via costume changes) to a sweaty dark club, and a mindless dance.
Though geez, did SX really need to do a write-up on Phoenix. Can't believe we had to queue. And then see so much sweaty boy butt cracks, and drunken headjobs.
I agree that it's a brilliant dark filthy place to fuck in. But right on the bench seat! Next to girls dancing. *erk*. I tried to chastise them for behaving so when there were ladies present. But I think they though I was a fag hag congratulating them. And it was a bit hypocritical of me to say that, considering my behaviours there. And I'm not a lady anyway *grins*.
Thanks goes to the folks of the Chippendale house for the company/conversation/shiny things/happy grins...hey guys, what's your collective term? "House of .....?" or "...?.... House" Think of something.

Was great to have time and space to talk to folks last night. People that I wouldn't normally get to say much more than a yelled "Hey, how are ya" at a club.
Thanks to Miss K for fetching my last beer from the bottom of the freezing cold barrel of water and ice (Tongs! I'd never have thought of it). Mr P was in a well behaved mood too, which made me less inclined to walk away. This is good. Miss R and Little miss R both reported back on their variety of marks and bruises from Mr M's work last weekend.

Ooooh, and how could I forget - speaking of marks - Miss A came over early evening to get the stars on her back re-cut. Was great fun. Though I think I don't have the best bedside manner. Started one cut with the blade upside down *doh*, and channelled sleazy-man-talking too much. I did manage to keep my mouth shut a bit and the blood lust energy from scattering too much, during the second star.
They are very pretty though. And relatively symmetrical, which is good for freehand. This is good.

Okay, this girl is going to do some housework. Miss H is downstairs sewing cushion covers. No boys have stayed over this weekend. Girly-girly energy happening here today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali H said...

I am so generally impressed by your bedside manner that I commented on it to someone, in the sense of "and this is how we make the connection that makes sense of the pain". We all have our own methods, our own ways of giving ourselves a reason to inflict the pain or to take it. You have to, really, when pain is such a number one recreational activity. I'm lucky that I get to make that connection with so many people. I love my stars. People keep stopping me and commenting- it's summer, and they are on show!

11:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home