Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Thursday, July 03, 2008

For one night, or another night*

Yesterday I picked the first jasmine blooms in the neighbourhood.
Clear white stars blinking at me from a fence as I walked the dog.
To smell that smell again after so many months without, and on an icy cold winters evening, was quite bizarre.
And then I came home from work this eve, opened the door, and was again amazed by the scent dancing down the chilly terrace hallway at me.
First that day (and night) of warm breezes earlier this week, and now this!
It's getting harder and harder to continue to tell myself that summer is NOT just around the corner, that we have aaaages to go yet.



*James Elroy Flecker (thanks, mister. xx -Y)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home