Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Monday, April 03, 2006

Dugong Day

The walk up the train station steps at my destination each work morning is a slow, slow trudge.
For a couple of weeks I have been looking up at the backs of the commuters steadily climbing the stairs, and savouring the coloured clothing, knowing full well that the sea of black is about to arrive when the weather turns colder.
When that happens it's like being part of a funeral march.
I try and do my part to steer from the funereal...but some mornings, no matter how hard I try to wear colour, I end up in dark monotones.

Today was a dark, dark grey day. Dark grey shoes, faded black top, dark grey work skirt.
The skirt has gorgeous pleating on the side panels, starting from just on my knee. So when I walk the sides flip, flip, flip out.
It reminds me of a mermaids tail and I love it so.
But a grey mermaid?
Oh I think that's just a dugong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home