Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Monday, March 06, 2006

Post-Mardi Gras mind junk...

What a wonderful Mardi Gras.

After some last minute sewing and throwing together of a costume, Mr M and I went down to the Parade marshalling area to say hello to the happy Bi folks.
We were delighted by the sandwiches the Bears were giving away - which reduced the need to hunt for sustenance before the night began.
Gave my brother a phone call for his 18th birthday to the sound of the Dykes on Bikes rolling in. *laughs*
It was most wonderful and I believe he appreciated it!
Said a few hellos' but most people seemed distracted, so off to Misfits for parade viewing we went.

Oh how wonderful to have an balcony and a beer. It was my first parade watching ever *gasp*. I've spent so many years organising floats, but never watched the bloody thing. So I was pretty excited! Screamed myself hoarse by the time the bikes had finished. But halfway through my bladder was fit to burst, so dragged myself away during an 'ambulance break' *phew*.
I was amazed by all the floats, danced to the music, and squealed like the girl I am everytime I saw someone I knew.

Then we went wandering the venue. It was an alarming rabbit warren of a space. I adored dancing in the sweatbox where Sveta played. And then even more adored the space between the pool tables where the air-con blasted. Wandered around a fair bit, stopping now and then to glance out the windows at the raucous straight folks getting drunk on the street.
Highlights: - seeing Mr M's gorgeous shoulders in his Highway Patrol uniform shirt - myself being daring enough to wear a see-through top *eep, boobies* - sitting on a window sill by an open window in the sweatbox room - watching all the eyecandy wandering by - and having one last dance while waiting for Mr M to say his goodbyes and turning around to find the guy in the cap I'm dancing next to is Jimmy!

Home before the sun came up and slept in my new sheets *yummmm*.

Gurlesque on Sunday was nice and chilled. Started slow, but I enjoyed watching the girls wandering around the room. Felt pretty good in my new black and white kitten heels, black skirt/top, white sheer bolero and white gloves. May have looked foolish. But felt damn fine.
Let myself go into the shows, squealing and laughing and clapping. Talked to many folks, but was too shy to talk to others. Tipped the cage dancers heartily. Caught up with out of town friend-people. And then wandered home with Miss A, via a cute but semi-sleazy bus-stop photoshoot with two other girlies.

Today I've paid for my frolicking with a return of that throat-thing *grrr*.
But had a wonderful day playing straight-girl-shopping with Miss A. I bought some jeans from Sportswhore and she bought a beautiful tulle twirling skirt. Later I found some work shoes from a kids store in the city. I have bought more shoes in the last month than I have bought in a year and a half previously.
I shall stop now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali H said...

It was a very handsome uniform shirt... and your Gurlesque outfit was lovely, I'm sorry I didn't get more excited about it at the time!
I guess I was too busy watching the sexy naked people dance.
xxxx

3:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home