Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Friday, March 03, 2006

birds and boys

Right now the sky is pink and purple with the sunset.
I can hear them drawing the meat raffle at the bowling club across the park, and the sulfur-crested cockatoos are going mad finding their roosts for the night.
Oh it's so wonderful to have the birds here. They arrived a couple of weeks ago - along with a smaller flock of pink galahs - and since then I've barely seen any mynahs about.
Such a joy.

Huge week at work has left me very tired. A good dinner and an early night is in order tonight. Tomorrow was going to be a birthday breakfast at the beach for one of my fave trannyboys, but somehow (as much as I am an early morning person) I don't think I'll be making it.
Must also remember to phone my brother tomorrow for his 18th birthday.
My other younger brother shares his birthday with the christian christmas.
What would be worse; your birthday on christmas, or on our queer christmas? Discuss.

My father finally sent me a birthday present. He posted it to my work and included a handwritten letter (remember them?). Bad move.
My Da can be a tad sentimental at times.
Bawled like a baby I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home