Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Shopping-girl

Yesterday I bought new shoes.
Rich bright purple strappy heels.
They are too big (of course), but I put in an innersole, and they have a strap to hold my foot in, so it's okay.
The only thing I could find in my wardrobe to colour co-ordinate was my purple bandanna.
I wore it as a alice band in my hair.
Such a cute way to flag.

I also found myself wandering around a bookstore with an armful of books.
I never usually buy books - and certainly not in great quantities.
It is quite possibly some sort of body memory/comfort thing. After all, I do spend so much of my time holding, moving, lifting, carrying, and looking at books.
Perhaps I am actually missing the physicality of work?
Not to worry. I'll be back to the library in a couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home