Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Do I have the resolve?

I have always resisted the idea of making New Years' Resolutions. There is always the sense of inevitable doom around even the concept of them.
I somehow prefer to think that I am able to make resolutions at any time of year, without the 'excuse' of the starting of a new year to prompt me.
There is also a touch of trying to outsmart the 'doom fairies' that I imagine lie in wait at this time of year. Like evil goblins they leap onto each new wish and resolution and ride them into the ground.
Of course mention this to me in daylight and I will strenuously deny having a superstitious bone in my body!

Anyway. I am in the last week of my holidays. Am blissfully relaxed, and have not yet reached that state of awareness about going back to work soon.
I have time on my hands to do whatever I would like.
I take each day as it comes, shuffling ideas like dominoes, deciding which one to choose to play today.

I am thinking about what I want to achieve this year.
And it appears that I shall be making a New Years' Resolution or two!
Egads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home