Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Monday, January 02, 2006

What now?

I'm sure some folks will sook that Fantasy wasn't as huge as they'd like it to be. And sure I missed having some folks there - mostly lucky buggers who're up north for Tropical Fruits.
But the Dj's were great, the venue was comfy, it was easy to find people, the dance floors had enough room to dance, and I never had to queue for the toilets.
Commiserations to SLPA, Bears and NMG if they didn't break even.
I wore a chunky silver bead necklace, gems in my hair, halterneck top, leather skirt, and my silver glitter dorothy shoes.
I had a lovely night.

There was gossiping and dancing and flogging and fisting and fucking and stalking and bitching and drinking and wandering and smooching and sweating and laughing and ogling and yelling and jumping and clapping and snarling and sighing and tickling and flirting.

Our battle plan of recovery in the super-aircon of @Newtown didn't happen, and we fell asleep, curtains drawn against the sun and heat. My old 50's fan struggling clickety-clack to move the air around my room. Ventured out about 7pm to meet Misses R and B. @Newtown closed *bugger*, no aircon at the Duke, so beer and iced water at the Courthouse was the order of the day.
At one stage the pub door started moving of it's own accord. Huzzah! We cheered the blustery winds bringing the cool change through!

We all wandered back to mine to drink on the front verandah and watch the trees in the park get buffeted about. Collapsing into bed around midnight.

Right now it's hard to believe that the heat of yesterday happened.
The clouds are covering the sky. Mr M is napping again. Mr Z and Miss L are moving around down stairs. The dogs next door are yapping and the breeze is blowing cold through my bedroom window.
Wonder what I'll do with today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home