Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Friday, October 21, 2005

Playing on the internet, like a kitten with a string.

Found myself at Google 'Local'. Oh I had so much fun when the Google Earth beta version came out. But I'd forgotten about it.
And now they have more pretty pictures.
I can zoom in on a satellite picture and see my house. And the house I grew up in as a child.
I always loved pictures from the air, of the area I grew up in. The most amazing caldera. And to look at it all again is amazing. Reservior hill. The BMX track. The Baths. The rowing club. The art gallery. Christ, I spent so much of my life in the park. And looking at the photos, I also realise how much of the town I never ever saw. I lived there on and off for my primary and highschool years, and there were so many streets I never saw.
*erk* best get myself to bed before I start getting introspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home