Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Thursday, October 13, 2005

vu-vu-vul-vulv-volunteer work

Hey, I'm Convener of Bi-NSW for another year.
Seems I mustn't be cocking up the job too badly.
It was a long AGM.

I have to work out a venue for a workshop I'm running next MG Festival.
By tomorrow.
Pride Centre aren't returning my calls, which makes me cranky. I really wanted a space that was accessible. May have to leave that idea behind and try Manacle instead.
Anyone have ideas on where I can find a space with tables and chairs for about 30 people?

I have a headache behind my eyes.
I'm going to bed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pride is rarely attended so be patien with the one Boardperson who actually does stuff there.
Please come use the new SLPA office - it can seat about 30 lecture style.
F

9:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

incase you not work out who ...

10:02 pm  
Blogger Miss Y said...

Oh, it's all happening tonight! Have just been in contact with Miss J.
Will email you too, and ask about SLPA office. It's all about accessibility for me at the moment. Have fun Sax shopping?

10:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shopping good, thankee

1:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home