Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Monday, October 03, 2005

Sleaze impressions:

- As a girl with a boyfriend, I should be in the minority at Sleaze. This did not appear to be so. Fortunately as a girl with real tits, with a boyfriend, I still am. *edit* sorry, what I mean is that all the straight bio girls were stripper girls with implants *sighs*

- Like the Inquisition dress code of no t-shirts and jeans, Sleaze should send home anyone wearing wings or devils horns. Boooring. Sadly, there were also soooo many girlies there with corsets and feathers in their hair, that I shall soon be looking for a different style for my dressups. Enough of that showgirl nonsense, however much fun it is.

- So, obviously, I wore a corset and feathers. The crinoline didn't get finished in time, and perhaps would be better suited to a more 'pose-ey' event. I wore a fan of black feathers in my hair, with the red felt fascinator, and painted curlies on my face, and a lacey bra, red underbust corset, little black shorts, fishnets, and red buckled heels. It was mostly comfy, which was great.

- I don't often think about the lighting at these events. I heard some Pinkboard criticism of it. But I loved it. It was nice to look up.

- Didn't bother with the girl space. If I wanted to be in a small room with girls sitting around in groups, I'd go to a dyke pub night.

- The best dancing bit was to Mandy and Feisty in the Horden (where the bass sound was so much better), in the middle of the dance floor with friends.

- Didn't see heaps of people we know. Inquisition is so much more 'happy families'.

- Actually watched some shows for a change. Mr M and I fell in love with signing boy who signed and danced to the Rogue Traders show. Yummo.

- Sleaze is at a changeover time - the new crowd is the stripper/swingers. The folks that keep it going are the grey-haired poofters. They are gracious on the dancefloor. They were everywhere. They are gorgeous, and I wish that I will do that well when I am that old.

- Recovery in the backyard at House of Femme was most wonderful. Sunshine, cold beer, a pillow to put my sore feet on, the taking off of the corset.

- Standing near the exit with Mr M, my favourite comment was "Going off to the races now, are we?" Me in my feathers and heels, and Mr M in his pinstripe suit and red braces, wouldn't've looked too far off the mark!

- Other costumes of note = Miss R looking so handsome and dapper in vest, cravat and boater; Miss V and friends advertising for converts to 'fistianity'; and those idiots who had such incredibly realistic 'wounds' on their heads and bodies that would freak out anyone who was off their chops and saw them. Nut jobs.

Anyway, more later. My head has powered down now, and I best get some sleep before work tomorrow.
G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home