Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Sunday, October 16, 2005

general blah

The last few days have been a jigsaw puzzle of commitments and things I want to do.
Pent up energy and anxiety (and probably more caffienne than I really need) is making me jumpy.
I've been to three bars tonight - a quick beer at The Hampshire, another at The Impie (Bi-NSW drinks) and off to Manacle to talk about holding an event there. Got off the bus back in Newtown, thinking I'd head back to the Impie, but too tired. And the Hampshire folks had all gone home to bed with their girlfriends. All those sporting events must tire them out *grins*. Still, if anyone has a thing for sporty dykes, or chicks wailing and playing guitar; you know where to go!

Bloodlust on Friday night was great fun. I enjoyed going berko on the dancefloor. Little Miss R was looking fine for her birthday. Suitably clad ;-)
Miss L looked different - older, more like a woman than a young woman. I recognised her accessories, not her.
Sveta dragged out a few oldies - 'Sweet Dreams' remix at the opening of the set. For which I thanked her in a heart-thumping dance-floor way. And "Pump up the Jam" - which shows that she has balls, playing that to a crowd of goths.
Thanks Miss R, Miss B and Miss M, for pre-drinkies and cabbage sharing. It's always good, travelling with friends.
The next day I awoke to a phone call inviting me to a free concert or something. I was still not awake properly, but heard Missy Higgins and Skulker being named. I said no because I had planned to meet Mr M and his folks for a wander around the Granny Smith Festival in Eastwood. I think some folks may think me weird. But I really enjoyed the festival.

And just quickly I wanna say how proud I am of Mr M. Love ya, mister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home