Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Friday, September 30, 2005

comfort food rules

I find it hard to ever follow a recipe properly.

Tonight was "Roast Potato Battle!" (hands up 'Iron Chef' fans).
I made some roast potato and sweet potato last night for my lunch for work, but forgot to take it. So I ended up making a samosa-pie-thing.
It wasn't too flash - I think it needed much more spice, and cayenne pepper heat.

So... I mashed the roast potatoes with some sour cream. Then cooked some onion, garlic, ginger, salt, mustard seeds and dried coriander, with some mushrooms.
Then mixed both lots together with chopped english spinach and fresh shelled peas. I got lazy here, and made the pie base and top with filo pastry.
Cooked until ...well... cooked, in a medium oven.

Was kinda nice, in a comforting way (I grew up with my Dad cooking the most wonderful Indian food, so Indian spices are my comfort food *yum*).
But dammit, next time I'll go to town on the spices, and make it bigger and double the filling.

Best go to bed now, with my full belly, and get some sleep for tomorrow.
*yawns*

1 Comments:

Blogger lukely said...

One of my friends is in Japan and I've asked her to get me some kind of Iron Chef trinket. I'll have to take a picture of it and put it on my blog if she comes through for me.

2:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home