Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Monday, August 29, 2005

It must be Monday again.

Everything in my office is covered in a fine dusting of chocolate.

It's like a dream and hell at the same time. Everything smells ofchocolate. But there is no chocolate to consume.
I tried breathing in deeply (so sue me for trying - it's a monday and I have my periods, and I bloody well wanted chocolate okay.)
But sadly it is the kind of soft delicate scent that you can't capture except in an accidental way. Like trying to focus on a light-burned spot just left of your field of vision.

Oh, I suppose you're wondering how I managed to get chocolate powder over everything.

It's an easy 10 step process folks:
1) Evening event at the Library - hot chocolate supplied.
2) Drinking chocolate left over.
3) Thinks: Hot chocolate would be nice for morning tea.
4) Wonder how much is left in the tin?
5) Neglect to check if lid is firm on tin.
6) Shake tin firmly.
7) Stand in shock.
8) Realise nothing can be saved.
9) Get out dustbuster.
10) Dustbuster vacuums up chocolate dust and converts it to even finer dust through its air filters.

Mmmm, smells like chocolate :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home