Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Sunday, August 14, 2005

*weeee* holidays!

A huge week. So let's go point form:

- I didn't clean the house. Or bake.
- I didn't do any community work.
- I only checked my work email twice (and missed the important emails *doh*)
- Mr M and myself left the city.
- The guesthouse was full of oldies and dinner felt like we were in a nursing home.
- The veal was good but.
- IT SNOWED!!!!!
- It was the 2nd time I've ever seen snow in my life.
- I wore my fluffy white earmuffs.
- I wore stockings under my jeans 'cos it was so cold.
- Mr M wore about 5 layers too.
- I built a 'snow dude' that was about 7cms high (there wasn't that much snow:-)
- I took photos of Mr M grimacing in the icy highspeed winds.

This weekend has been dubbed "Femmes and Footy".
- I have drunk a large amount of beer and watched a number of different types of footy. All I can really tell you is that the Jumping Footy is really funny to watch - It looks like they've greased the ball 'cos no-one seems to be able to grab a hold of it.
- I changed out of my "Librarians do it quietly" shirt to my "Reggae girl" shirt to go to the dyke night down the road 'cos the are all sporty-dykes and probably would judge me to be a straight girl beause the Librarian shirt has a boy and girl in a love heart on it. I feel so shallow.
- I saw my ex and my ex-puppy.
- My ex dropped off a letter that was from the RTA demanding I pay a fine. It didn't say what for. This is extremely weird as I have never had a vehicle registered in my name and (for reasons of my own) I don't drive and haven't had a valid license for years. I shall call them tomorrow.
- I'm feeling queasy right now. It could be the beer I had earlier. Or it could be the idea of having to go back to work tomorrow.
- I was keen to head out tonight to Kooky. The butterfly swarm costume idea got me excited. But now I'm going to bed instead.

G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home