Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Sunday, August 28, 2005

I think I need to get out more.

I've not hit the town for a dance for a while now. What's up? Too tired or something?
I'm not sure why, but I've not been a trashbag for a while. Instead spending my weekends pottering around the house, and my weeks worrying about work.
Maybe next weekend there'll be some fun to be had? What's happening out there? Anyone know of any good events coming up? I've not seen so many people for ages.

Running around my head at the moment:
Felt burnt out about 6 months ago, from community work. But kept plugging away with it. Now I'm just not that keen.
Rarely do I get that spark, that desire to push forward with it and make things happen.
It's frustrating because I can see that the Bi community is in a space where a lot of amazing things can happen. And I'm sure things will happen, through the work of all of the other amazing folks in the community.
I just wish I was able to get excited enough to be a part of it all.
Some things that I have been organising haven't been working properly, and I'm feeling out of touch with things that others are doing. I've also been trying not to beat myself up about not pulling my weight.
How do I snap out of this? Perhaps a break from it all? I'm a little loathe to clean break as I do need some sense of greater purpose to my life or my moods turn to mush.
*sighs*


It's a beautiful sunny day. I think I shall stop being introspective, and domestic (I have been up since 6.30am cleaning), and go underwear shopping instead. Summer is coming and the desire for lacy white things is rising dammit :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home