Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

All work and no play makes Miss Y....

Been organising so many author talks lately that I can't believe I've not gotten off my bum and organised my own!
So much work to do.
Tomorrow is a long day at work - many Teachers and Librarians coming to an event I'm hosting - and they'll probably be checking out the newly renovated Library too.
Children's Book Week next week and the only display I've got is a tiny glam rock disco happening in a glass cabinet for some stuffed toys.
It is a pretty good disco though: Humpty has beads in his dreads. Hairy Maclary has some bangles and an ear piercing. Big Nutbrown Hare is wearing a zebraskin jacket and swinging Little Nutbrown Hare into the air. The Rainbow Fish is dancing with Grover on a dancefloor of coloured squares, and there's glitter and mirrorballs and streamers!
I'm not quite sure why Eeyore is sitting in a corner crying into his drink. Poor fellow.
As for the rest of my section? Well, I've a pile of mirror balls sitting on my desk, and a half-painted display. Wonder if I'll have the time tomorrow to sort it before my contemporaries come poking around?
Wonder if I'll be too knackered afterwards to head out to Hellfire?
Or if I'll really need it? *grins*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home