Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Oooh Shiny....

"Illustrated Guide to Knives" by Jan Suermondt, Grange Books, Kent, U.K. 2004.

Brand new book came across my desk today at work.
Big. Shiny. Colour. Pictures.
Dreams of scraping knives backwards over the soft skin of inner thighs and the curve of hips.

"The 'ulu' (pronounced 'OO-loo')...Used by Alaskan natives for centuries, the ulu is rounded and has a long efficient cutting radius...The blades are made from American D2 high carbon steel, individually hand ground, finished, and sharpened to a hairsplitting razor edge. The heat treating process is a double draw method and then each blade is cryogenically treated so that the cutting edge is extremely sharp and stays that way even after extended use."

Vaguely related topic; do I fancy one of the town planners at work 'cos he's gorgeous. Or because he told me about his sword collection?
*evil grin*

In other news, today found me pronoucing aloud to thin air that "Damn I love my job!".
This is a good sign.
I've always loved my work - but the last few months have been horrid!
I'm glad I'm getting back into it now. Working hard, whistling cheerfully ...and no, I'm not being sarcastic, okay.
I tried to go shopping with my straight-girl sister tonight. I'm not very good at shopping (hence the 'part-time femme' tag perhaps). She is. She bought a pair of strappy black high heels, a stripy shirt for work, woollen slippers and butterfly hair clips.
I bought another bracelet. That is all.

Mr M is good at shopping. And he is generous. The most recent present is a granny trolley for me to do my shopping with. I am very excited, and I think my back is even more excited.
Perhaps some girls would turn up their noses at presents like this.
But I love my man and I love the way he buys me things I wouldn't think of, or get around to getting. And they are perfect and I use them.
Diamonds may last forever, but so does lower back pain.
Hah!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ali H said...

Dear Miss Y,
Granny shopping trolleys are the BEST! I had all sorts of fun running around Newtown with the House of Femme granny trolley last summer. We discovered that it is exactly the right size for a case of beer and assorted snacks.
The best bit was always if I'd done a big veggie shop, having people chase me down the street trying to return a stray potato that had escaped...
Gifts are good.
Love you, Ali

3:33 am  
Blogger Miss Y said...

Yes, Miss A. Gifts are good.
The bracelet I bought on the shopping trip became a last minute gift to another.
Your care parcel is slow to come together, but will fly to you soon.
Perhaps I will wait 'til after Inqui for some street press for you?

And Mr M, you make the gift of peas sound rude. Naughty man.
I love you.

8:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home