Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Thursday, March 31, 2005

run away, run away, run away,

Mr M and I are escaping the city for the weekend.
Probably lots of lounging around and looking in quaint antique stores.
I am packing my boots. I wanna go walking in the bush.
When I walk in the city I fall over always. Both my knees are bruised/scabby as I speak.
But when I go bushwalking I can rockhop with ease. One of my nicknames when I was a kid was mountain goat. Not the prettiest of nicknames I admit. But little I cared when climbing ocean cliffs or wandering up creeks to waterholes.

I'm glad I didn't make work-experience-bruce do shelving the other day. He tried it today and twice came and told me how difficult it was for him. I asked a few questions to see if it was just petulant teenager behaviour, but didn't prod too much.
When I gave him some different (and admittedly more boring) duties, oh man how his face lit up! Am wondering if there may be a lack of confidence because of dyslexia or other learning difficulties?
We'll check in with his teachers later.

Okay I go pack my bags for the weekend now. We leave tomorrow. Yeay for mini-holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home