Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Tori, Tori, Tori!

She's in Australia for the first time in 11 years and everyone's gone gaga.
I'm not really a fan, but she themed a whole CD around Library stuff- and even put the songs on in Dewey order - so that's gotta be a good sign.
(I must admit I borrowed that CD from the Library but didn't listen to it - just checked out cataloguing on the slick - and of course her librarian fashions.)

So in honour of her, here's a nice quote:
"I love being in a skirt and boots. It goes back to the librarian-principal look. I like the idea of carrying books around in a skirt."
-Tori Amos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home