Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Friday, March 18, 2005

Looking after their own

Packing to move house and run out of boxes.
Rocked up to my friendly local library (not my workplace-library) and introduced myself as 'one of them'.
Walk away with an armful of cardboard boxes and promises for more if I need them.
It's amazing what you can get from the Library!

Oh, and anyone wants to help me move house?
You're more than welcome to join me Saturday and Sunday arvos for a bit of weightlifting. Gimme a bell. Payment will be in love and beverages.

Having a bit of a 'Sliding Doors' day. Seeing my life cutting away in different directions with each decision and action I, and others around me, make.
Am learning a lot about people, their choices and motivations, these days. Feel like a kid experiencing the big wide world again.
This is good. And it is interesting. To see the effects we have on each others' lives.

Okay, enough introspection - I go pack teacups in boxes now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home