Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Monday, February 21, 2005

snap happy

Snapshots:

Mums' Valentines' Day Wedding
- Met new siblings - all a bit strange - them. not me for a change.
- had to sign my name with everyone and even TV cameras watching - very uncomfortable with an awkward signature like mine (note to self - get new signature or new name or both).
- Sister of new step-dad used to work in Byron with mother of my ex-boyfriend - how many degrees of separation is that?
- ladies in the street cooing over Mr M carrying big bunch of flowers through the city "oh what a sweet boyfriend"
- Watched TV *gasp* to see Mum's registery wedding get on the 7 news and that current affair show - Mr M snoozing on couch *shoves him* 'hey honey, look you're on teev'

Epiphany
- like duh, crazy girl at work is a 'player', and stopped being my new best friend when she thought I had no influence in the workplace. Sooo, I let her see me talking to big boss lady about grants and budgets and other things outside of her (crazy girls) direct influence. And sure enough, her good humour returns.
- Just in time for me to have a grumpy bear day *phew*

Oooooh, I stop now. Will catch up Fair Day, Sister's moving house day, creating parade entry days and other assorted fun, later.
I gotta write up a job application.
See if I can get more money and travel less distance to work. Due tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home