Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Pink?

Okay. Everyone knows how much I am, well, not terribly fond of the colour pink.
I can't stand it. I nearly turned and walked out of a shopping centre on the weekend because it was all festooned in bright pink for breast cancer fundraising. I never had, or wanted, a pink bedroom as a child. And have no memory of wearing pink since I could choose my own clothing, apart from one dress that was so light it was nearly white.
I put it down to being a 'Mary, Mary quite contrary' by nature. I'm supposed to love it because I'm a girl. Girls love pink. Society says they should. Pink is cute. Pink is sweet and nice and pretty. Just like girls should be.
Raaaarrrr!
x 10!

Okay.
Now I've got that off my chest.
Again.
I must confess, I've done something I never thought I would.
I bought 3 metres of fabric with the intention of sewing it into a piece of clothing.
And yes - it's pink.
I truly mystify myself sometimes.

It's a dusky pink, with a grey and white 50's style pattern over it. I makes me want to make something retro with it. I can't sew for shit. I can bodgy things up though. So we'll see what happens eh. I walked past and looked at this fabric at least 4 times, and walked away 4 times. Shaking my head because it's pink and I don't do pink. There was a yellow version there, but it didn't inspire in the same way.

Maybe I should throw my hands up in the air and give in. Wear pink. Wear it everywhere. In every shade.
However that would probably muck with my head more than anyone else's.

In other news: Yay for an awesome weekend. I am so tired now I could die. As soon as I've finished typing here it's teeth, jarmies, bed.
Guerilla Star was v special. I was sad I didn't find my dancing groove until after Gemma's set, but once I did it was fantastic. The shows were inspired. Hurrah for alien sex and green goop! And even the door-bitching was fun. Helped by nearby eyecandy, wonderful company, chocolate and camera phone fun.
After a couple of hours sleep and some household chores, Mr M and I tottered off to watch the Jets in the grand final with Mr's Z, M, & K. 'twas great fun, but I'm glad I had to leave before the end, so I didn't see them lose in the last moments :-(
Baddog setup was fun. They were quite welcoming, and I was suprised that they didn't work us harder. Bailed on Gurlesque after, and hid at home instead. Couch collapsing and good food before heading out again.
Had such a good time dancing at Baddog. The music was consistently good all night. Mr M had a great time, though I had to drag him home earlier than he probably wanted to because I suddenly got soooo zonked.
Scared the poor cab driver because of the fake cuts on my face. His face looked quite panicked looking at me when I got out of the cab. Couldn't work out why at first because I'd forgotten they were there.
Apart from a brief waking to let the dog out and give her some food, I slept until 1.30pm. That's a record for me. Still so tired.
Okay. Really should go sleep now. Big day tomorrow.
*yawns*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love pink, meself...welcome to the cerise society!

1:23 am  
Blogger Tam said...

Could this be the start of a reconciliation between you and pink? Or at least a suspension of hostilities? It sounds like fabulous fabric... I look forward to seeing what you do with it :)

12:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home