Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

In celebration of my first grey hairs.

One of the things I love most dearly about our delightful queer scene is that it feels like a space that I can grow old in.
I don't feel that I have to leave the fun behind and disappear as I get older.
There are people decades older than me who are still welcomed on the dance floor, who still go out to events and (importantly) who still pick up. Grey hair is hot social currency. And skills aquired through years are valued - be these associated with event organising or BDSM or anything inbetween.
It's not a scene solely based around the celebration of youth. It's more of a scene based around the celebration of us.
Yay for us!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ali H said...

Oh, a milestone, and such a lovely post to go with it- I agree, yes I do, I love that our years of experience become more, not less, desirable. And grey hair is hot, especially with awesome short 'n choppy park-and-clippers haircuts!

11:15 am  
Blogger Miss Y said...

And speaking of such haircuts - did you get my text about the fashionista that chased me in David Jones just to compliment me on my haircut?
Many thanks to your talent my dear!

12:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home