Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Thursday, September 04, 2008

inside, outside, upside-down

Lately I feel as I've been a little more engaged with life, and with my life. I am feeling the luxury of a little perspective, and have not been quite so amazingly ground down by anxiety.
It's still there as a constant low hum. But like someone with tinitus, I think I'm getting used to it, and even starting to get on with my life despite it. Ignoring it where I can, and fighting it when I have the strength.
I've been lucky enough to be feeling a fair bit of delight in my life lately. Things are in a good place, and the warming of the weather is also starting to help my mood.
There's recently been a great deal of remembering of my life when I was younger.
Remembering who I was and how I viewed the world, and where I wanted to be, and the choices I made. I am such a different person now. But I do miss the younger me as well.
After the last 6-12 months of feeling like I'm keeping my head just above water mentally and emotionally, I'm now starting to feel a sense of gain, a sense of movement upwards and forwards. Things are falling into place more often. Hard work is being rewarded. The universe is granting me some gifts.
*smiles*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home