Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Love.

When he went into the nursing home many years ago, from a nasty stroke. I grieved.
It was a short sad rough grieving. After all, he was still here; but it was just a different him.
At the time I thought (hoped? feared?) it would take the edge off the hurt and grieving later, when he went away.

But I was so so so wrong.

Can't say more without sounding trite.
So here's a photo.
















(30 years ago)

4 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

most things sound trite in the face of grief, but I wish you strength, love and time to let your grief take it's path.

xo

10:37 am  
Blogger Ali H said...

That's really a beautiful photo.

I'm sorry, love.
xxx

1:04 pm  
Blogger Miss Y said...

Thankyou darling ones, for your notes.
Am drinking Mudgee wine in memorium now. Excellent.
*cheers*

5:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my thoughts are with you x

2:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home