Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Warm fuzzies.

This afternoon Miss A and myself sat on a park bench in the winter sunshine and crocheted. She was an angel, bringing sweet chai tea and mini baked goods, and dispensing with sage advice for my mangled attempt at crocheting a hat.


There were a few brief moments of warmth that found me bare-legged and without coverings on my arms. *egads*. I wore my newest purchase of a floral 50's style frock (including petticoat to make it puff up just so), and it felt like we could pretend "that it was 8pm on a summer's eve, not 4pm in winter" as Miss A put it.


We watched puppies bark and play, a steady procession of lesbian mums, children on bikes, children stripping off clothes and running, laughing and nekkid. We saw happy dogs howling, aquaintances to say hello to, and handsome butches we'd agreed we'd like to follow home.


I'm feeling pretty relaxed now.
It's like I've stepped aside politely and let come-down Tuesday barge past me without a scrape.
Sweet.















.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home