Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Monday, June 09, 2008

Oh yeah.

After the party comes the domesticity.
Washing clothes, food shopping, cooking, walking the dog, and then watching tv with crochet in hand.
But what a lovely couple of nights...

...without a fabulous Inquy outfit I went with the safe fall-back dress, and as a result I was comfy and happy and had much mischievious fun. Yeay for all the gorgeous sexy people I got to hang out with!
And may I say: yeay for the totally not in-your-face security and cops. As opposed to other years where they've seemed to get tougher and tougher on any public displays of affection, and watch you suspiciously everytime you go to the toilet - This year they all faded into the background as I enjoyed my night. Fantastic.

Last night at Gurlesque was a delight, naturally, though I had a wee moment where my bouncy mood was getting a bit introspective, so I self-medicated my way out of it and on into the night!
Phoenix dancing was fun of course, running into old and new friends, having an in-memorium boogy, dodging many many spilt drinks and pushy people walking through. But in the end an early bedtime was a great thing for my wonky ankle. And I'm surprised at how well I behaved, and how well I scrubbed up today.

Now to the serious business of holidays. Long long walks with the dog. Organising things in the house. Catching up with family and friends. And then packing to fly away to warmer climes. *squeee*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home