Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

It's the calm before the storm.

It's a big night at work.
I always head in early on this day - but working until 9pm at a hectic pace for the last 4 hours of that, means I am totally knackered by the end of it all. So I'm still at home, in my jarmies, dog at my feet, trying to not to go into work so soon.
This year I am wonderfully more organised than ever before. Only have to chase up 1 sponsor and the media and organise a display for tonight, and other such fiddly things.
Have made it through wrangling of hundreds of entries, writing of speeches, talking to judges and sponsors and parents and schools and the young writers themselves. Have done mailouts and certificates and advertising and prizes and thankyou presents and catering and all my other library work besides.
This is the first big thing I've organised in some time, and it's nice to know that I still can, without always falling in a heap.

In other news, I made gluten-free mini cheesecakes last weekend. The first time I've made cheesecake. They turned out alright. Especially considering I'd replaced some of the cheese with banana, and all of the sugar with maple syrup. Yummo.
And I'm on holidays for 2 weeks from this weekend. So much more free baking time!
We're thinking of heading north for a week as well. Far north. For a real holiday. Any suggestions on where to go or what to do folks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home