Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Come on. I'll have ya!

Traditionally this week is one of the more stressful weeks of my working year.
I usually am in a total tizz, and more than a bit strung out.

Strangely - or wonderfully - I've been okay this year. And this makes me really happy.
And it's not for want of the universe throwing curve balls at me. Big mother curve balls!
But I think it's running out of ammo. All today held was an agro patron, a workmates hissy-fit-meltdown, and a couple of square metres of baby vomit. Who knew that such a small thing could hold so much volume. And all over the books too. What a stinky clean-up. Eeeew.
At least in my next performance review I can surely say I've fulfilled "other duties as required".

In more frivolous news, I have plans for a Bad Dog costume.
Sure most of my costume plans don't come to fruition. But just maybe I'll have time to sort this one.

Oh, and I think Mr M and I might actually go on a real holiday sometimes soon!
*fingers crossed*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home