Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Monday, May 05, 2008

Everyone should have a good cuppa tea.

Today in the Library I had to deal with a mother having a complete meltdown. She was hurting so much, and was sadly aiming it at another mother.
So much pain and yelling and crying and shaking and stress.
At least her baby was alright. And the other mother was okay as well.

But later I was surprised at how much it had affected me. My adrenal response was over the top and it took quite a while, and some later tears of my own, before I shakily regained a little equilibrium.

But then I decided to run away from work even earlier than planned and caught up with the delicious Miss A for a cup of tea in the sunshine, and then a spot of crocheting.

Simply delightful, and it totally worked.
It's the small things sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home