Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Swings and roundabouts make me queasy.

After a few day off work with evil gastro hell, Mr M took me to the docs last night.
It wasn't my usual... just a medical centre we could find open late.

It was weird. Waiting for ever, watching the awful TV channel that's on too loud, watching the receptionist dropping all the files out of order and taping them back up.
Apparently the only doctor on duty wasn't taking new patients on his books. "He's too popular. He's very good" the elderly man on reception told someone later in the evening.
Don't know how I managed to just walk in an score an appointment.

Turns out 'score' might've been the operative word. The waiting room was full of some pretty strung out types.
And then when I went in the old doc didn't listen properly (trying to cover a growing hearing impediment I think), backdated the certificate to whenever I wanted "you tell me when", and told me to have a glass of orange juice and a hot bath.


Excuse me? I'm half dehydrated and onto the rehydration salts by this stage and he wants me to have a bath "to get the blood to the surface".
I know I'm still sick today and my heads still wonky. But is that not crazy talk?
And I can think of nothing worse than trying to keep a glass of orange juice down*.

We were laughing by the time we left (yep, I was a pretty overtired by this stage) and imagining what all the strung out types were getting this doc to prescribe for them.

Other than that, the last few days have consisted of me being collapsible on various pieces of furniture throughout the house in an attempt at some variety in my exhausted state. I am sooo booorred. Could finally look a the computer screen yesterday for a bit, and today is much better again.

Was so sad on missing out on work yesterday I cried. I had an event on for the teens, making felt softies, and I was plotting and planning and looking forward to it for weeks and weeks. Can't believe I missed it.

On the good news front, because I was home I could take delivery of a fabulous Livingstone order! Ooooh my. So many pretties!
New extra small gloves *phew*, and the cutest little sharps disposal cases you ever did see....









(it fits into your pocket. aaaw.)

...And other sundry sterile and shiny and sharp and chemically things.
Today shall probably be spent daydreaming evil plans to use these new supplies.
*claps hands*


*Fear not. I did manage to eat half a chopped up green apple, and Mr M made me some soup, so I am getting some vitamins, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home