Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Today's excursion...

Liverpool.
Where I counted 5 'adult interest' stores and 5 sari shops within 2 blocks.
Where the size and splendour of the Library is challenged by the enormity of the Spotlight store across the road.
Where I listened to Librarians analyse, bitch, and inspire each other.
Where a car of men slowed on an empty street to (remarkably obviously) ogle at myself and a friend.
Where the main streets are a joy of small businesses instead of the ubiquitous chain stores.

Also, apologies for the prior post, kiddies. And thankyou to those who checked in with me.
I was having an utterly, utterly, appalling day.
It was made even more interesting when I tried to escape my life into the crowds of the city and ended up at MCA where the place is full of pictures and movies of people crying!
It felt like the universe was saying 'You can run, Miss Y, but you cannot hide'.
How bloody exhausting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home