Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Life is good.

What a lovely housewarming at Miss A and Mr L's place last night.
Wonderfully chilled with wonderfully perverted conversations.
Regular faces, new faces, and catch-ups with others.
The 70's 'Tales of the City' theme was difficult. I had a dressup box full of stuff and couldn't decide what to wear, but finally went with a shiny late 70's Prom Queen look - silver dress with spagetti straps and unfettered boobies, silver strappy heels, silver (fake) fur stole, peach lipstick and 3 shades of blue eyeshadow.
My preppy date combed his hair carefully to the side, smartened himself up with a stripey tie and oh! gave me his class ring!
(*whispers* I think he likes me!).

Mr BP, sorry I didn't make it to your birthday... we intended to but (obviously) double-booked ...but I have started work on a pressie for you that you may love.

Today is (procrastinating from) cleaning the house day. Mr M wisely ran away before I got him to join in. But not until after I got him to help me move some furniture around *grins*.

I'm packing for a short holiday up north. Flying away tomorrow to visit my little sister. It's her birthday next week and she's not in totally tip top shape, so as a pressie I shall be trying to help get things done around her house for her. And cook her a rockin' pirate birthday cake!
Our Ma dropped over a pressie for me to put in my luggage for sister. She's also flying away for a short break somewhere. She also delivered the news that the middle sister broke her wrist this morn in a bad fall. Here's hoping her boyfriend is doting enough to look after her - what, with half her family disappearing from the city this week.

Also - it might be late notice for others, but I shall be giving it a burl...
Blog against Disabilism Day is tomorrow.
Run by Diary of a Goldfish and brought to my attention by Mr M and Miss K.
Blogging Against Disablism Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home