Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

'Boys and Dogs' Pt II

Miss Z was visiting the other day, and commented on the somewhat hearty/musky smell of the bathroom cum laundry of my house. She said it was a change from the girlyness of her own bathroom.
I'm not sure if she said it was nice though.

But it reminded me again of the overwhelming 'boys and dogs' aspect of my life.
For a queer femme girl living in a queer ghetto, it is amazing how I have avoided the 'girls and cats' side of things.

The biggest house of 'girls and cats' I know nearby, is actually 75% straight girls and has an amazing 4 cats.
So maybe the whole dykes and cats thing is a huge lie.

House of Femme does have one cat - but now also has one boy (and from early reporting is as, or more, femme than the rest of the household).
House of 'Awww Ma Gawd' has a rabbit. I have not yet confirmed the presence of any cats.
House of Butch had a rabbit, 2 dogs, and a cat. (However I have heard there's been changes to that lineup).

Meanwhile, I don't mind the smell of boys and dogs. The 2 large dogs (1 shaggy) can get a bit much after it's rained. But that's offset by the aftershave wafts left by the boys.
And I'm not one much for girly perfumes, so at least there's no conflicting top notes happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home