Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Thursday, February 23, 2006

She wore heels...

Today it was minuted in a staff meeting that I had 'cute with a captial C' shoes.

I think my transition to femme is just about complete. I still walk like a girl from the bush, and prefer plain cotton panties, so I know I'll never be high femme.
But I now wear makeup often enough to, for the first time ever, own makeup remover.
And I have finally worked out how to blow-dry my hair. Yes granted, it's a mangled arm-twisting sort of effort. But I never learnt this stuff when growing up.
Between not living with my Ma when I was a teenager, and being more inclined to hitch to waterholes and get stoned with friends, I didn't pick up anything.
My straight-girl little sister tried to talk to me about moisturiser and perfume, but it didn't really work.
Oh, and now I blog about it, instead of keeping all this stuff as secret womens business. Oops.

Last night Mr M and I went out to see Transparent (MG Film Fest). It was okay. It featured the good, the not so bad, and the damn ugly. But I swear I did watch the film properly folks, and not just perve and make judgement calls on the boys.
Afterwards we went in our work finery (he in suit pants and tie, myself in pinstripe and pearls) to see if the Slit Launch was still happening, but they'd just closed. Had a great chat/gossip/catchup with my favourite whore who has the most exciting idea involving femmes and tea! But it's her idea, so I won't, repeat won't, run away with it. That's a bad habit of mine that I'm going to break dammit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home