Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Friday, September 09, 2005

This week's theme...

... is statistics.

- I've been playing around with ABS publications, helping my man with stats for Uni research. Did you know that one of the definitions of 'Financial stress' is the inability to raise $2000 within one week for an emergency? And that the definition of older people/aged/etc is 65+ yrs, but 50+ yrs for homeless, and 45+ yrs for indigenous folks!
- The evil ex-workmate works for ABS now, and sends our library emails about the wonderful things she's doing. I wish she would go away.
- I've been number crunching because I've my performance review coming up next week. In the past year I've told stories to about 10, 000 children. Yes. 10, 000! And it feels like it too. *grins*
- I hope I get extra marks for that, to compensate for reduced marks I'll undoubtedly get for lack of 'team performance' when I worked with that horrid woman.
(I promise I'll try and get over her soon, and stop mentioning her here)
- Speaking of 10, 000. That's about the amount of money I've spent in the last 2 weeks on items for the children's library. I think I did a good job. Bought mostly quality stuff. I'm exhausted. Life's hard eh.
*grins*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home