Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Saturday, July 30, 2005

long weekend goodness

The loungeroom walls are a most unusual shade of yellow. Which has caused some consternation with regards to hanging pictures. A black and white ink rough in a gold frame looks unbelievably vile. The normally excellent balance of gaudy colours in a Miro print, look jarring.
After many ideas and discussions with Mr Z, Miss L, Mr M and others, it seems the only colour to work vaguely well is 50's eggshell blue. And yesterday I finally trotted off the the poster shop and now have a 50's (-ish?) Qantas advertising poster in blue. Mr Z also may have an army recruitment poster on it's way too.

Went out to Dirty Donkey last night. Gorgeous Miss B won tickets (as did everyone it seemed). I originally turned down the offer to join her as I am pretty under the weather at the moment. But then after having Thursday and Friday off work I was feeling perkier, and right on cue the others she had offered the ticket to had declined too. Yay!
I wore the little goth-y dress that cost me a lot but I never wear, and actually made some effort with make-up due to sick-person-pallor. Ran around saying hi to all the happy people. Little Miss R looked cool in a pvc corset (do it again sometime girl!). Introduced Miss B to a few folks, enjoyed lounging on beanbags. A spin on the dancefloor, and a couple of overpriced softdrinks later I was ready to crash. Stayed for Divinyl's show 'cos I love the way he moves his hands ;-)

Not feeling too sore and sorry today - though I wish I knew how to sleep in *sighs*.
Best go get into the day. Am glad I don't have a hangover 'cos I don't think I could bear Sexpo with a hangover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home